Popular Posts

Monday, November 8, 2010

Every time a bell rings...

Most everyone is familiar with the line from the movie, It’s a Wonderful Life; “Every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings.” There are an awful lot of ringing bells, so there must be even more wingless angels. So what is an angel? I’ve met several in my life, all of them wingless earth angels. The dictionary describes an angel as someone having the qualities which are generally attributed to an angel such as; beauty, pureness, kindness, virtuous thoughts or actions, and somewhat of a guardian.

I am sure you have met an angel in your life, someone that is there for you, someone to lean on, to listen to you, to lift your spirits. Angels come in all shapes, sizes and ages. My angels give me continual support. They probably don’t even know it, but just knowing that I can reach out if I ever need to, well….sometimes that’s all I need to know. Sometimes that’s all we need. We often do things of our own accord, but angels are like invisible braces. They are there, you can’t really see them but they are there in the background, they straighten you out when you need it and offer support. Then there are angels that exude radiance. When they walk into a room, their smile lights up the whole room, a goodness comes out for all to see. You can’t miss them. Really. They just make you happy being around them. My angels are buoyant keeping my mood afloat in seas of trouble or pain. I don’t know where I would be without my angels, but I am thankful for them.



Better yet….are you an angel in someone else’s life? Is there something you can do to uplift a friend, a stranger even? Don’t ask what has someone else done for you lately, rather what can you do for someone else. Can you stop in to see an old friend, make a phone call, send a text or an email? Can you do shopping for someone, make a dish, and invite them over? Just spending time with someone might be all they need. Many people refuse help when you offer it and sometimes we need to take no for an answer. Often times we have difficulty doing things for ourselves. Take what time you can to be an angel. It will lift your spirits making you feel better, not to mention what it will do for the other person. Be genuine in your efforts, no one likes a fraud. Be positive in your thinking and actions and you can’t help but be an angel. Someday you’ll get your wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment